Wednesday, December 10, 2008

BAILOUT! (Early release of Shepherd to Sheep)


SHEPHERD TO SHEEP


BAILOUT!

(Eph 2:1) And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,

Recession. Depression. Two brothers from the economic dark side. Their cousins are Aggression, Repression, and Oppression. How many times do we have to go through these hard times as a nation and meet these unwelcome guests? I guess we get a little fat and need to go on a forced diet every now and then. But it gets scary doesn’t it? Lay offs, unemployment, foreclosures, cut-backs, and... This sector hit. Now that corporation went belly up. It’s dominoes in the market. Who’s next? How close to home will it get? It’s time for a rescue! Everybody’s talking about a bailout!

Man sinned in the garden. Sin was introduced into the world. They got kicked out of paradise. How quickly sin transferred to the kids. Cain killed Abel. Then man got evil and violence covered the earth. So God sent rain to cover the planet to wash it all away. Man emerged and proved himself a sinner again. Immorality spread throughout the land. It manifested in an acute way in Sodom and Gomorrah. God rained down fire and brimstone.

Israel was chosen as a nation. They were given God’s laws and a beautiful land to live in. All they had to do was obey. They started cutting corners. It caught up with them. They were deported to Babylon for a long time-out.

World empires have risen and fallen. Nations have come and gone. God holds mankind accountable. His laws never change. (Isa 1:19-20) If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land; {20} But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword"…

My life. Born in Newport Beach but really born in sin. Had a great dad and was a college grad but I’m really bad. Had the best mom and can write a song but I’m part of the Adam bomb. On the way to hell but couldn’t tell until someone told me I fell. But that’s not all. God sent His Son to give us the great bailout! Far out! Somebody shout! There’s a way out. (2 Cor 5:21) For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Now that’s so cool but I’m still a fool. I get myself in trouble and sometimes it’s double. Like the nation I need rescue. (Psa 144:7) Stretch out Your hand from above; Rescue me and deliver me out of great waters…

He can do if for me. He can do it for you. He can do it for my uncle...Sam! (2 Chr 7:14) "if My people…will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Louie

No comments: