Friday, October 31, 2008

TEACHING AT THE HONG KONG CONFERENCE


This is a riot. How in the world did I ever get to Hong Kong and be one of the speakers at the Calvary Chapel Asia Conference? Well, we had Phil Twente, the mission's pastor at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa, come and speak at our Mission Training School this summer. Afterward we took him out to Steer Grill restaraunt to have him experience some good ole Norco beef. We started to talk about the upcoming Hong Kong conference (which was in September) and I told him that Cheryl and I were planning on attending to spend time with Chris Mills and Sharon Porterfield. He then asked me be one of the speakers. I couldn't believe it. Promotion comes from the Lord! God gets all the glory!!

(Psa 75:6-7) For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. {7} But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.

No comments: