Wednesday, January 27, 2010

FIND A NEED AND FILL IT


SHEPHERD TO SHEEP


FIND A NEED AND FILL IT

(Luke 10:33) But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion.

When I read success stories I find that many times a person was offering a product that nobody else was offering. The person saw a need and filled that need. It became a hit and they became a winner. I've had so many ideas for inventions and they usually come because I saw a need that nobody was addressing. I've told myself that one day I'll have time to submit my idea and patent it. But I guess I wait too long because somebody comes along and steals my inspiration!

Here's one idea I hope to patent one day. It would be a replacement for the foil over a hot potato. I burn my hand every time trying to peal it off. I tell myself that one day I'm going to solve this problem and invent a new way to keep the potato warm and still keep my skin intact! Those guys up in Idaho need a guy like me in California. By the way, if you beat me to it that's okay. You just have to tithe 10% of all profits to the ministry! (Just kidding!!)

Many Christians make the will of God so complicated. They say that until God puts something into their lap they aren't going to do anything. But if you think about it, ministry is all around us. We make it so formal that we lose sight of the needs right here and now. While we're looking for a sign in the sky we overlook the sigh in the street. We're waiting for an invitation but bypass the devastation. As we wait for a pitch we fail to scratch an itch. And that could be the discovery of a new niche!

You know the story of the good Samaritan. A guy was mugged and left for dead. The priest and the Levite saw the need and took a detour. Then a despised Samaritan came by and saw the victim and had compassion on him. He responded by getting involved. He gave time and treasure without measure. He got the job done while the religious folk were concerned about getting to church on time. (1 John 3:18) My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.

Do you want God to use you? Then what are you waiting for? There are needs all around you. Ask the Lord to open your eyes to see what He wants you to see. Then take a step of faith and watch what God will do! You can't meet every need present but you can address yourself to those needs that present themselves.

You have so much to offer. You know the Lord. You are filled with the knowledge of His Word. Compassion is in your heart. Don't be a wasted resources. It would be a shame to do nothing because you are unsure or are afraid. (Luke 12:48) ...For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more. There is a hurting person who needs a helping hand. How do we get the two of you together? Pray! (Mat 9:36-38) But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. 37 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. 38 Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”

Don't be like me who keeps saying one day I'll submit my hot potato wrapper idea. Get out there now and serve the Lord. Quit waiting for a phone call and follow the call of God for your life. Praise the Lord...and pass the potatoes!!

Louie

No comments: