Wednesday, July 30, 2014

WHEN GOD DOESN’T HEAL


SHEPHERD TO SHEEP
WHEN GOD DOESN’T HEAL
Does God heal today?  Oh yes!  Here are some scriptures that declare it to be so:
- (Exo 15:26)... I am the LORD who heals you."
- (Psa 103:3) Who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases.
- (3 John 1:2) Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
If God’s Word gives us these promises we should diligently seek the Lord for His healing touch when we have need of it.  
But here’s the next question:  Does God heal everybody and at all times?  Some teach in the affirmative but the weight of Scripture says there are times when God would choose not to heal for a purpose He would have in mind.  Take Paul for instance.  He had an apparent physical malady that He asked God to heal and God didn’t.  Read this clip from Corinthians:  
(2 Cor 12:7-10) And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. {8} Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. {9} And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. {10} Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Sometimes there’s a lesson for us to learn before God heals us.  Until then, we can rely on His grace and claim His promise that He is our strength in weakness.  And if He still doesn’t heal us we are to remain true to Him and trust that it’s all part of His plan that will someday be revealed. (1 Cor. 13:12)
So bottom line:
- The ultimate healing is spiritual, the forgiveness of sins (Isaiah 53:5).
- We are to claim His promises of physical healing.
- We are to trust His purposes when our healing is delayed or denied. (Rom 8:28)
- And we are to remember the ultimate of healing and health is when we are in His presence forever as His redeemed saints, praising Him in our glorified bodies that will never know sickness, pain, disease, or death again.  Hallelujah!
Louie

No comments: