Wednesday, May 11, 2011

GOOD MORNING



SHEPHERD TO SHEEP



GOOD MORNING

I love the mornings. It’s a fresh new start. Yesterday is gone. There is the excitement of what the new day holds. The sun is rising, the birds are chirping, the newspaper is out front, people are off to work, kids are off to school, and most importantly (you know me), the coffee is brewing! So how should a day begin? Let’s review the scriptures to make sure we have a proper focus at the beginning of the day.

MERCY: (Lam 3:22-23) Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. {23} They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. Claim new mercies for the new day!

PRAYER: (Psa 5:3) My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; In the morning I will direct it to You, And I will look up. How wonderful it is to wake up in the morning and offer a prayer. If you’re like me I have so many directions my brain wants to take when I awaken. But bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience to Christ is the key (2 Cor 10:5). Morning is the time to look up and present your body (Rom 12:1).

SING: (Psa 59:16) But I will sing of Your power; Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; For You have been my defense And refuge in the day of my trouble. Morning is a time to sing. It’s the heart’s way of giving thanks early like the birds outside. When we sing we are lighthearted. And that’s the best way to be in the morning. It’s also a way to be filled with the Spirit before our hearts and minds are filled with the concerns of the day (Eph 5:18-19).

SEEK: (Psa 143:8) Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You. Seek the Lord for His plan for the day. Then you know that no matter what happens, God is in it and will get you through. Be solution oriented.

READ: (Eze 12:8) And in the morning the word of the LORD came to me… Take time to read the Word before you run out and start the day. Christian radio and music will also supplement your daily devotions.

MOOD: (Deu 28:67) In the morning you shall say, ‘Oh, that it were evening!’ And at evening you shall say, ‘Oh, that it were morning!’… I have found that the attitude I have in the morning will be with me throughout the day. Fight those tendencies to be in a dark and depressive mood. Turn on the light and let the SONshine in!

INTERCEDE: (Job 1:5) So it was, when the days of feasting had run their course, that Job would send and sanctify them, and he would rise early in the morning and offer burnt offerings according to the number of them all. For Job said, “It may be that my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” Thus Job did regularly. Pray for your family members by name each morning and ask God to bless them and their day!

PETITION: (Mat 6:11) Give us this day our daily bread. List you needs before the Lord. He loves to hear your prayer and He will answer in His timing!

BLESS: (Ruth 2:4) Now behold, Boaz came from Bethlehem, and said to the reapers, “The LORD be with you!” And they answered him, “The LORD bless you!” Now you are ready for interaction with others. When you come in contact with people be upbeat and give them a blessing. Watch what comes back to you.

Good morning, Lord!...or…Good Lord, it’s morning! I’ll say good morning because God is good…all the time!

Louie



+++

No comments: