Tuesday, September 14, 2010

HANDLES MESSIAH


SHEPHERD TO SHEEP

HANDLES MESSIAH

Many people have used classical music to bring a calming influence to their lives. And that’s no surprise because many of the masters were able to write so as to transport people to heaven when their compositions are performed. But what do you do when as a Christian you face a crisis? How do you handle life and get a grip? Here are some handles you can hold on to when the ride of life gets really scary.

- GOD LOVES ME. You might not understand what’s going on but it’s senseless to try and figure it out. Ours is to trust. God has our best interest in mind. (Jer 31:3) The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.

- GOD’S STRENGTH WILL SUSTAIN ME. I am weak but He is strong! (Psa 18:1-2) I will love You, O LORD, my strength. {2} The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

- I WILL COME THROUGH THIS. 176 times in the Bible the phrase “it came to pass” is used. Your situation will come to pass. You will walk through the valley and come out on the other side. (Psa 23:4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death…

- GOOD WILL EVENTUALLY COME OUT OF THIS. God has promised to take the worst and turn it into something good. It might look bleak now but eventually things will turn around and work for you. (Rom 8:28) And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

- I HAVE THE HOPE OF HEAVEN. Things might be tough now but think of the glories of heaven that God has promised us. The weightiest of problems now will be like a feather in comparison to what lies ahead. (2 Cor 4:17) For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.

- I WILL LEARN SOMETHING BENEFICIAL FROM THIS. In crisis, all you feel is pain, not growth. That comes later. Life’s best lessons are learned in times of tragedy and sorrow. (Isa 48:17) …“I am the Lord your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go.

- I WILL BE ABLE TO USE THIS EXPERIENCE TO HELP OTHERS. What you go through is not only for you but for others as well. That’s called getting double for your trouble. (2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, {4} who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Louie

+++

No comments: