Thursday, July 30, 2009

UNKNOWN


SHEPHERD TO SHEEP



UNKNOWN

(2 Cor 6:9) as unknown, and yet well known...

Nobody likes to be a nobody. We all want to feel significant...important. We don't necessarily need to be popular but someone at least acknowledge us and our existence! After that any meaningful dialog is a plus. Add on the use of a personal name and the temperature is rising. Insert a compliment and we're in heaven!
The popular, talented and good looking people don't really have to work hard at getting attention. What a ministry we can have in simply acknowledging people!

You can feel awfully lonely in this universe. The world is so big and there are so many people. You can feel really small, really quick. It seems there are a few movers and shakers but the rest of us are just cut from regular cloth. We have ordinary lives and sometimes we wonder...would it make any difference if we were gone...deleted from human history?

David was looking at the heavens one night and it just blew him away about how big it all was. The following is a part of his musings: (Psa 8:3-4) When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? In another Psalm David said: How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You. (Psa 139:17-18). See how he went from feeling insignificant to feeling noteworthy in God's eyes?

I might be unknown but I am well known by God. He even knows my name! (John 10:3) ... the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. He even died for me. For me! That makes me feel part of the equation in the purpose of the cosmic arrangement. If I'm part of the plan then maybe God has a plan for my life. How exciting to think about! "Give me anything to do Lord because I would love to feel useful and purposeful in the corporate body of terrestrial dwellers." (Mat 3:11) ... He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry...

Every heard of Jehosheba in the Bible? I didn't think so. She was a nobody. She played a cameo role in the Bible and you'll never really hear from her again. But what she did was vastly important. When Athaliah the queen mother was destroying the royal heirs, Jehosheba took young Joash and hid him for six years until he was made the legitimate king. (2 Kings 11) This was the last of the Davidic lineage and she spared him so he could rule. Was this act very important you might ask? Oh, just a little...the Messiah would come from this line to rule and reign as our Savior!

Have you been struggling with feelings of worthlessness? There's no rhyme or reason for your life? Sense that emptiness inside? Rise up each day and lift your heart up to the Someone who makes you a somebody! Then go out and find someone and tell them they are loved by the Lord and that He has a purpose a plan for their lives. Watch the chain reaction grow.

I am an unknown that is known who is reaching out into the unknown to find an unknown to tell them about the Known who can take an unknown and know them and make them well known. Know what I mean? I know you do!

Louie

No comments: