Wednesday, March 18, 2009

ARE YOU FALLING APART?


SHEPHERD TO SHEEP


ARE YOU FALLING APART?

(Col 1:17) And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

It is common when things are out of control in our lives that we say, “I feel like I’m falling apart.” We sometimes talk to others or even ourselves about “keeping it together.” We try so hard to be strong and to have stability in our lives. But what do we do when we feel like we are unraveling along with our life? When we feel so weak and ready to break? We want to be strong but we feel if there’s one more dart and we’re going to fall apart.

Scientists are baffled by how an atom can keep together when it contains repelling forces. They have come up with terms such as “atomic glue” and other designations for what is a mystery to them. But when Paul wrote the believers in Colosse he said that Jesus was before all things and that in Him all things consist. The word “consist” means” to hold together.” This means that God is not only the Creator of the world, but he is also its Sustainer.

That speaks to me big time. If God has created the world and is holding it together then what about me? He created me and can hold me together when I feel like I’m falling apart! God who can sustain the universe can keep me glued. I’m no star or atom but I am a son of Adam who is feeble and frail. I am dust and bust easy. (Psa 103:14) For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust. If He doesn’t hold me together then there will be an explosion and it won’t be pretty. You’ll see vast particles of me all over and I will cease to be. But praise God that’s not going to happen because by Him all things consist…including me. I am part of His universe. In fact I’m more than a particle. I’m an article. And a genuine one at that. You see, Jesus died for me. He created me and He redeemed me! He holds me together! (Heb 1:3)…and upholding all things by the word of His power…

Here’s the Lord’s promise: (John 10:28-29) "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. {29} "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

Are you so weak that you are afraid to tell anybody just how bad you feel? Let the Lord hold you and then let Him uphold you. (Psa 119:117) Hold me up, and I shall be safe…(Psa 51:12) Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.

You’re not going to fall apart. You have to keep going. You have God-given things to do. You have people in your life that need you. You must finish the work the Lord has for you. Find new strength in the Lord. When your work is done then you can rest. (Heb 12:2) looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Louie

No comments: